The Largest Audited Scaffold Network in the UK
PVF’s core business is the provision and management of scaffolding services nationally in the UK. Each year PVF successfully manage and deliver thousands of scaffolds to both public sector and corporate customers. PVF provide everything from simple single storey towers for replacement boiler flues, to entire high-rise tower blocks for window and cladding replacement.
We deliver this work via our audited Scaffold Partners who are spread over the length and breadth of the country. We have a number of partners in every postcode area allowing us to deliver for our many clients simultaneously, even at very short notice if required.
The best scaffolders for each project
Providing a company passes our stringent on-boarding process, there are no limitations based purely on size or turnover. Although we have some of the largest scaffolding providers in the UK as part of our network, we have also helped a number of smaller companies achieve the standard that is required, particularly with regards to Health & Safety, by working closely with them during the initial stages of their application.
This variation within our network is the key to how we are able to facilitate all of the requirements from each of our clients with such short notice, something that is vitally important when offering a service such as ours.
Designed in conjunction with our external H&S Partners
With the assistance of Citation Health & Safety, we feel we have developed an industry leading onboarding process for the scaffolders wishing to join our ever expanding network. It comes as no surprise that a robust H&S policy (ideally supported with an SSIP) and well developed safe working practices are a pre-requisite prior to applying with us, however, clear lines of communication and an attitude to always put the customer first are also extremely important.
Once the onboarding process begins, we also conduct a number of site visits and audits, including random H&S spot checks to confirm that our standards are consistently being adhered to.
PVF supports and practices the use of local labour forces to aid the local community and help reduce our carbon footprint.
What to expect if you apply to join our network
Although there are always going to be variations due to each potential partners’ experience and current position regarding Health & Safety, the basis of our onboarding process is outlined below:
- Initial Communication – Conversation / visit with senior management to outline what is expected of our partners and the type and volume of work that can be expected
- PQQ Application – Documents are sent out ready to be completed
- PQQ Documents Reviewed – Once received, the relevant PQQ Documents are inspected by our in house Health & Safety Compliance Officer and any queries raised
- All Checks Carried Out – Everything from Insurance, Accreditations, Qualifications, Credit, Online Presence and HSE Database are checked for suitability
- Physical Office / Yard Visit – A member of Senior Management visits the premises of the applicant for a face to face meeting and inspect materials and vehicles as well as general office processes
- Audits – Before full approval is granted, a number of jobs are inspected by PVF and / or external H&S practitioners to oversee the quality of services provided
- Every Scaffold Inspected – Even after a company joins the PVF Network, every single scaffold that is erected is inspected by our team of in-house Scaffold Inspectors prior to being issued to our clients
- In-house team on-hand throughout the whole process to assist if required
Type of work to be expected
All types and sizes of scaffold are catered for
Due to the wide variety of clients that use the services of PVF Scaffolding there really is no ‘standard’ job, therefore we always look to place work with the contractors best placed to deliver it. This is something that is discussed in length during the onboarding process.
For example, the criteria given to us from a large utility or national home improvement company may well differ significantly from a smaller contractor who normally only requires access to gutter level on residential properties, therefore it is very important that we understand this and act accordingly.
Consistently raising the standards together
We are very proud of our Scaffolder Network and are always looking at ways that we can improve standards and add even more benefits to both our clients and our contractors.
In May 2019, The Scaffolding Association and SMAS (Safety Management Advisory Service) formally joined in a professional partnership to benefit the members of both organisations, something that we are very happy to support.
With that in mind, if any of the members of our Network have yet to achieve an SSIP Accreditation, we will not only commit to helping them hit the required standards, we will also contribute to the the costs of SMAS membership for the first 12 months!
Online Training Portal
Huge library of training courses available to anyone within the Network
- 150 workplace courses available completely free of charge for any contractor within our network
- Vast majority of courses are either CPD accredited or RoSPA Approved
- Online courses that can be taken at a time that suits you
- Certificates sent out for completed courses
- No limit on the amount of courses a contractor can take
- Reminders sent by us when completed courses are coming up for renewal
Benefits of being part of the PVF Scaffolding Network
Extra work, training courses, advice & consultation, all for Free
The PVF Scaffolding Network is already the largest Audited Network of Scaffolding Contractors in the UK, and each of it’s members probably has a slightly different reason for why they value being part of it. For most however, the prospect of getting a steady stream of work sent through to you, all packaged up in a straight forward, easy to follow format is more than enough.
Combine this with weekly payments, attractive rates, variable terms, training courses and a whole host of free advice and it’s no wonder that we regularly receive enquiries from companies all across the UK that are keen to join.
Do you want to join the fastest growing scaffolding community?
- Steady flow of extra work with no commitment on volumes undertaken….ever!
- Industry leading payment terms
- Attractive rates of pay
- Access to lots of training courses with no limit on the amount you can take
- Financial assistance to gain SSIP accreditation
- Help and advice always on hand for a growing number of topics
If you are looking to grow your business and maintain a high standard of Health, Safety and Quality of Service then call us on 01271 866777 to discuss it further